Gaviscon Peppermint Flavour Handy Pack – 16 Chewable Tablets (Maximum order of one pack per transaction).
Helps to provide relief from heartburn and indigestion. Works by forming a protective layer over the stomach contents to prevent acid from retracting into the food pipe. Handy pack for on-the-go heartburn relief.
What is heartburn? The esophagus is a tube that connects the mouth to the stomach. It is made of muscles that work to push food toward the stomach. Once in the stomach, food is prevented from refluxing (moving back into the esophagus) by a special area of circular muscle located at the junction of the esophagus and stomach called the lower esophageal sphincter (LES). A pressure difference across the diaphragm the flat muscle that separates the chest from the abdomen keeps stomach contents in the stomach. The stomach combines food acids and enzymes together to begin the digestion process. There are special protective cells that line the stomach to prevent the acid from causing inflammation. The esophagus does not have this same protection and if stomach acid and digestive juices reflux back into the esophagus they can cause inflammation and damage to its unprotected lining. This results in uncomfortable symptoms associated with heartburn.
Each tablet contains Sodium alginate 250mg, Calcium carbonate 80mg, Sodium hydrogen carbonate 133.5mg.
Please consult your doctor before using this product if you have been advised to follow a diet restricted in either of these salts.
Allergies: Do not use this product if you are allergic or have a hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients. Contains aspartame (E951) a source of phenylalanine.
Instructions for use:
This product is not recommended for persons under 12 years except under medical supervision. For oral administration. Chew thoroughly before swallowing.
- Adults, the elderly, and children over 12 years: When symptoms occur take two to four tablets after meals and at bedtime up to four times a day.
- Doses should be given approximately every 6 to 8 hours. Do not exceed the stated dose, this product is for short-term use only.
- If symptoms persist for more than 3 days or if new symptoms arise, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist before using this product if you have a history of or are currently suffering from peptic ulceration or worsening of asthma.
Storage of product
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Keep the product in the original container.
- Do not store this product above 25ºC.
- Once opened use product within 6 months.
Product Specific Warnings
- If symptoms persist after 7 days consult your doctor. Please consult your doctor or pharmacist if you are over 40 and have never suffered from heartburn or indigestion before.
- Do not take this product within 2 hours of taking other medicines as it may interfere with the action of some other medicines.
- For advice on the use of this product in pregnancy and while breastfeeding please speak to your doctor or pharmacist.
- Only use this product as intended, in the event of misuse, seek medical advice.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- You must be over 18 to purchase this product.
- Always read the label carefully before use.
- Remember to always keep all medicine out of reach of children.