MICROLAX® works quickly to relieve constipation in 5 – 15 minutes. Because the mini-tube is thin, it can be inserted gently into the rectum making it hygienic and discreet to use. The active ingredients, sodium citrate and sodium lauryl sulfoacetate help to release the bound water, which softens the stool.
The mini-enema has a gel-like consistency that acts locally so has no impact on bowel activity, Very few side effects have been reported with the use of Microlax® and the product has a good safety profile.
Who can use Microlax Rectal Solution?
Microlax can be used by adults and children over 3 years of age.
How to use Microlax Rectal Solution?
Adults and children over 3 years:
- Twist the seal of the nozzle.
- Squeeze the tube slightly so that a drop of Microlax smears the tip and thus makes insertion easier.
- Insert the nozzle fully into the rectum.
- Squeeze out the contents fully by squeezing the shoulder of the tube.
- Withdraw the nozzle, still squeezing tightly.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
If you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant or breastfeeding consult your doctor before purchasing or using Microlax.
Common side effects.
Some common side effects include diarrhea, abdominal cramps, or pain.